The drastic climatic changes the Earth is going through aren’t lost on anyone. Time and again, we’ve been warned, and more and more people and organizations are stepping into the sustainably surviving mode. Several of us are trying to take part in initiatives to do our bit, but have you ever wondered what some of the largest tech giants think about the whole thing?
Apparently, they’re pretty concerned about global climatic changes, which some might say is quite unusual, but it’s true. Some of the most influential tech companies are wishing for a greener backbone for the future global economy, and this is because climate changes and global warming needs everyone’s attention before it’s too late.
This is how some of the largest companies are spending huge bucks to do their part.
Currently, Amazon is on a path to power its operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025, and it has successfully hit 127 renewable energy projects. The company had previously declared itself the biggest corporate consumer of renewable energy in 2020.
Cisco too achieved 100% renewable energy for its U.S. operations this year. The company’s networking subsidiary has taken the initiative to reduce waste production.
Google has taken an oath to run all of its worldwide data centers and corporate campuses on 100% carbon-free power by 2030. It has also partnered with Unilever to enhance its sustainable business practices further. Both these companies have started working on different projects and applications to build a more holistic view of the environment and promote biodiversity.
Microsoft has plans to replenish more water than it consumes. It also explored underwater data centers, and on Earth day, the company announced a program whose main aim is to use big data and technology to improve decisions related to the environment.
Within the next year, around 80% of the energy used by Vodafone’s networks will be supplied from the national electricity grids through power purchase agreements and green tariffs and the remaining 20% from Vodafone’s buildings and other infrastructures. This is how the company will fix its network with 100% renewable energy.
The pertinent question – What triggered such moves?
A major reason behind big tech companies striving towards this common goal is the heightened sense of awareness and interest to tackle climate changes and conditions at the right time. The leaders at the helm of these corporations have realized that protecting the future is more important than earning profits. After all, won’t a pile-load of cash mean nothing if you can’t enjoy the abundance that nature has to offer?
It is essential for the success of every firm, no matter the scale or complexity they deal with, to consciously work in this regard. In fact, even companies like Apple, Intel, and IMD have been working towards accepting the new wave of corporate sustainability efforts.
To wrap it up
Changes are inevitable, but the way you adapt to them matters the most. In the last few years, climate changes and global warming have increased at a steady rate, and this is why big tech companies have also come forward so that these things do not worsen in the future. Remember, all of us have a role to play.